Thursday 29 May 2014

Fit is the new thin!

So I’ve decided that in the lead up to a big birthday, I am going to get FIT. Not just my usual measly 20 minute run every couple of weeks, more like actual ab work and weights and all of the sort.

I have also signed up for a 10k in September, so I need to build up my distance again. I injured myself last year and so had to pull out of the Paris Half Marathon last minute (I was actually devastated I couldn't run it) and I haven’t run regularly since.

So I’ve decided to start again, as in all over again – good old running 2 mins, walking 2 mins. It’s boring and frustrating (especially since my fitness has plummeted!) but I’m determined to get back into running at a healthy and lengthly pace.

The first step for me in terms of running, the tools.

One of the main reasons for my injury – the wrong trainers. Even though I knew I needed another pair I continued to use some god awful pair I got in a Sports Direct. Never again I say! So I went down to Nike to get my gait measured (Gait is basically the way you walk/run and land on your feet) and they determined which style of trainer I needed. This was a ‘Stability’ shoe as my ankle tends to rock in my shoes.

The trainers I bought? The very girly and pink (I kinda don’t care!) Nike LunarEclipse 4.  Now I’m no expert shoe reviewer, but these trainers are a godsend!  Lightweight, stable, supportive, airy, comfortable, stylish… I’ve run out of compliments, but as a whole, an amazing investment and well worth the £110 (yep they’re pricey)


Along with the trainers I got myself some amazing now workout wear but at an unexpected place – GAP!

The Gap Fit range is fashionable and affordable, which seems to a rarity these days with capri leggings (my Nike pair set me back at £60!) – but Gap’s range from £16.99 - £29.99. There work out tanks are great too, with built in support.




And so, with my trainers and work out gear, I’m ready to rock…. Or collapse on the gym floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment