Monday 12 March 2012

Kopapa Cafe Restaurant

One of the good things about working in fashion is that we get to try new bars and restaurants regularly. 


The most recent on my list was Kopapa Cafe and Restaurant  in Covent Garden. 


A very unassuming restaurant, which struck me as quite 'diner' like with its tiled floors and simple wooden tables and chairs. Simplicity however proves to be just right. 


After much ooing and arrghing over the menu I settled for 'Roast miso cod, Jerusalem artichokes, confit shallot, bok choy, soy ginger beurre blanc'


My last experience of miso cod was at Nobu so I wasn't expecting a match however I was pleasantly surprised. Excuse me for sounding all Masterchef but the flavours were incredible. The richness of the shallot and the lightness of bok choy complimented the delicate and flavoursome dish. 


On the side rosemary and garlic tossed chips which were perfectly cooked. 


For desert two sorbets, melon and orange. Both light and fresh, a perfect palate cleanser - however it came with massive ginger biscuit - don't be deceived by the 'ginger snap' on the menu. It more like a massive Ben's Cookie - never a bad thing. 






Overall a lovely lunch - I'll definitely be returning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment